|Tuition Rates click here.
Tuition and Other Payments
1) Registration fee for the 2012-2013 dance year (includes summer of 2013):
$25 per student/$35 per family
2) Monthly tuition: Tuition is determined for the entire dance year and is divided by the number of months. We do this to avoid confusion and have tuition remain the same from month to month. Tuition is due on or before the 8th of each month. A $10 late fee will be assessed to all payments received after the 8th. Tuition may be paid early or sent to the studio. Online payments can be made with a credit card.
-First tuition payment will be for September and is due by September 8th.
*A 5% discount will be applied toward tuition paid by the semester: September-December or January-May or a 10% discount if paying for September-May.
3) Costume Deposit: The costume deposit will be due November 15th. Costumes are ordered in early December and range in price from $60-$85 per class. A student who discontinues lessons or decides not to participate in the recital is responsible for purchasing any costume ordered for them. Please refer to the studio calendar for further information concerning costume costs.
4) Recital Fee: A non-refundable recital fee of $55 per student and $70 per family is due on February 15th. This fee covers the cost of the recital. Admission is not charged.
5) Costume Balance: The costume balance (if any) is the amount the costume cost minus your costume deposit. The recital may also require the purchase of some accessories, including tights. The balance of the costume cost will be collected before February 15th.
6) Financial Difficulties: Please communicate with us if you are having financial difficulties. Payment plans can be arranged if necessary.
7) Past Due Tuition: Should tuition payments ever fall behind two months or more, students may come to class, but must sit and watch until payments are current.
8) Returned Payments: All fees and tuition are non-refundable. There will be a $10.00 fee on all returned payments. After two returned payments you must pay cash for the remainder of the year.
9) If you are unable to complete the dance year, you must notify the studio by filling out an add/drop form or you will continue to be billed.
3D Performing/Competition Teams
For the experienced dancer who desires to study dance more seriously, we have various levels of competition teams. Being a part of this team is optional and requires an audition and summer classes. Team dancers will learn more advanced steps and routines at a faster pace than other classes. The team classes are longer and require the dedication of only serious dance students. All team dancers need to know and be enrolled in ballet, tap and jazz. We have more detailed information for those who are interested.
1) Parents are expected to be at the studio as soon as their child's class is dismissed. (Teachers are responsible for students during their scheduled class time.) If you are running late, please call. Parents are also responsible for their child at any community event.
2) Regular attendance is important to the students' and class' progress. However, a student may make-up a missed class by attending an extra class comparable to their own within a month of their absence.
3) Students are expected to be attentive and respectful in their classes. Inappropriate behavior will be discussed with the student and parent.
4) In order to maintain the best learning environment Dance Unlimited upholds an atmosphere of mutual respect between all students, teachers and parents. Any issue that arises will be handled accordingly. We reserve the right to dismiss anyone who is disrespectful to our staff, students or property at any time.
5) Special parent's observation week will be December 10-15 and Costume Week, usually in March or April. If necessary, young students may have parents in the room during the first week or two. Observing the class at other times within the room is not allowed. We do have viewing windows. (Students often become distracted if others are in the room.) We want to keep the students comfortable so they will do their best. Visiting grandparents are always welcome to observe.
6) A newsletter will be emailed and passed out every few months, so check your child's bag for any notes. Please read the emails and newsletters carefully, as they are often the only means of communicating with all of the parents at once.
7) Dance Unlimited occasionally posts class pictures on our website or private facebook page.
1) Gum, food and drinks are not allowed in the dance/gym rooms.
2) Jewelry is not allowed during class, this includes bracelets, hoop earrings, dangle rings, necklaces, etc.)
3) Students must wait inside the lobby for their parents after class.
4) Parents of children under four should come near the dance room at the end of class to take them home. Please reinforce to your children that if you are not there at the end of class to stay with their teacher. We will take them into our next class with us.
5) Running is not allowed. Dancers must be cautious while wearing tap shoes.
6) Each parent is responsible for his or her child at any community event.
7) No one is allowed in the dance/gymnastics rooms without an instructor who is prepared to start class.
8) Dance shoes are not to be worn outside, except for special performances. Outside shoes are not to be worn in the dance rooms.
The studio does not cover medical insurance for its students or their families. Such coverage should be carried by the family's own insurance policy. If an injury occurs, parents/guardians should understand that your policy is your only source of reimbursement.
Class Descriptions and Attire
All students need to come to class with the appropriate attire each week and long hair secured either in a ponytail, bun or braid. Please do not use elaborate hair bows, as they hurt the child's head during tumbling. Dance shoes must have names in them and may be worn indoors only. Dance shoes & clothes can be bought at our studio. Please ask if you have further questions as space is limited.
One hour Combination Classes (Beginning/Intermediate) For students age 2-6. The hour-long class consists of tap, ballet and tumbling. The young dancers really enjoy the variety and being introduced to many aspects of dance. This class will perform two dances at the recital. Attire: Black leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes and black tap shoes.
Dancer's Workshop- For dancers age 2 ½ -5. During the three hours dancers will learn tap, ballet, tumbling and creative movement. There will also be a snack break, crafts and a story time. They will need to bring a snack and drink. This class will perform two dances at the recital. Tuition is $82/month. Attire: Black leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes and black tap shoes.
Mommy/Daddy & Me- For students age 1½-2½. This will be a less structured class allowing parents to help their children with activities, such as songs, games, tumbling on the mats and trampoline and walking on the balance beam. No Recital. Attire: Comfortable clothes.
TBJ Combination Classes (5+ Beginning/Intermediate) These classes are an hour and fifteen minutes long or an hour and half long. In this class the focus is on tap, ballet and jazz. These classes will perform three dances at the recital and will have two/three costumes to purchase. Attire: Black leotard, tights, black tap shoes, pink ballet shoes and black split sole jazz shoes.
Hip Hop-Hip Hop classes are for dancers age 3 and older. Hip hop is more a "street style" type of dance which does not incorporate strict dance technique. They will perform one long routine in the recital or two short dances. Attire: Comfortable attire and black dance sneakers.
Gymnastics/Acro-This class focuses on tumbling skills, flexibility and strength. Our apparatuses include floor mats, a mini-trampoline, a wedge, a mailbox mat and a low balance beam. They will do one routine in the recital. Attire: Black leotard, cotton shorts and ballet shoes or bare feet.
Jazz/Lyrical Classes- Jazz classes are for dancers age 9 and older. This class focuses on jazz & lyrical dancing, while incorporating flexibility, strength and proper dance technique. They will perform two dances in the recital. Attire: dancewear that allows freedom of movement with tights. Jazz shoes (ask instructor for lyrical shoe type preferred)
Cheer- Cheer is for students 4 and older. This class will focus on cheers, flexibility, cheer dance (similar to jazz), strength, stunts and some tumbling. They will perform one long routine at the recital, including a cheer and a dance. Attire: Black leotard, cotton shorts
Pre-Drill Team/Jazz- prepares students to audition for their high school dance/drill team. Will work on many types of dance that will be beneficial to their goal. Attire: black dancewear, jazz shoes.
Strength/Flexibility- For anyone desiring to be more flexible and stronger. This class does not participate in the recital. Wear something comfortable and easy to move in.
Turns/Leaps-For experienced dancers that would like more training in turns and leaps. This class does not participate in the recital. Wear appropriate dance attire and jazz/lyrical shoes.
Pointe-Dancers must have four years of ballet training, be at least thirteen years old and be approved by instructor to take Pointe. Pre-Pointe is recommended for students under 13. Please ask for more detailed information.
Attire: Black leotard, pink (transition) tights and pointe shoes (when approved)
Classical Stretch/Essentrics- Tone, slenderize, and energize while you stretch. Improve posture, balance, and flexibility. Injury prevention and rehabilitation. Relief of chronic pain. Instructor certified by Classical Stretch- The Esmonde Technique. Great class for adults & athletes!
Team Classes- For more information please see "performing/competition teams"
Technique-Ballet technique and conditioning for dancers 8 and older. This class is required for team members, but others may join. This class does not perform at recital. Attire: Black leotard, pink tights and pink ballet shoes.
Boys Attire - White T-shirt, black shorts or pants with appropriate black shoes
Cover-ups - The only cover-ups allowed during class are ballet skirts. Tutus, T-shirts and shorts are not allowed. However, cover-ups are encouraged when entering and leaving the studio.